Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

no coments... part 2

823 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  IGOR 500SE 
#1 ·
http://www.gai.ru/dtp/?id=110

#6 ·
The Babel fish translation leaves much to be desired.

"Of photographs from the place DTP the terrifying emergency in the prospectus of science between the civil prospectus and the street of Sofiya Kowalevski - for the incomprehensible reasons terribly did break Mercedes Benz W126 (possibly two of such - judging by the torn front machine part, it is possible that in the emergency did participate two such auto- - and on the fact that into the bumper were inserted several bouquets with the colors, it is possible to assume terrible - victim? It is desirable to be mistaken."

I guess it’s not known if or how bad anyone was injured. Yeah, she’s a mess but in a lot better shape then the Audi in Igor’s first post.

#7 ·
Yes, free computer translators aren't always very accurate. I bet the Russians get the same thing when they translate English using Babelfish. It works much better for Spanish. Russian is a tough language. I saw the sign on a McDonald's restaurant in Moscow. It was really weird looking.

#9 ·
Igor,

I'm sure your English is very excellent compared to any attempt at Russian I might make. I was only there for 4 days, so had no time to learn anything. I enjoyed the subway system and the outdoor markets, plus the drive around the Red Square area.

Best regards,
Steve

PS - Even I don't speak English, according to my UK friends. I speak American, the fractured version of English. [:D]

#11 ·
Steve420SEL - 10/22/2004 12:38 AM

Igor,

I'm sure your English is very excellent compared to any attempt at Russian I might make. I was only there for 4 days, so had no time to learn anything. I enjoyed the subway system and the outdoor markets, plus the drive around the Red Square area.
Steve , Saint-Petersburg better than Moscow!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.