Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

I have a very Unique key.

953 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Paco 
#1 ·
Has anyone of your seen this kind of yellow key used on a 126 before? I have two keys, one to start the engine(black), and a yellow one for the doors, glove compartment, boot? which is the original one? As i am trying to indent the igniton tumbler, to have it like the yellow one, but no one has seen such a key here. Can anyone advice. Thanks in Advance.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I have never seen that yellow key either. Maybe it’s an aftermarket one?

#3 ·
Yup,the yellow it's aftermarket, and someone put didn't pony up the $$ to get an ignition tumbler that was keyed to your car. You can get one, I think they're about 125-140ish..
They key is the right style, but it's missing it's red dot to indicate that it is the master key...

In reality, they're both aftermarket, but the black one is a far more faithful reproduction.

Best,

#4 ·
I agree, both are aftermarket, and pretty cheap copies at that.

you should go to mercedes and get a new tumbler and set of keys. They can match the rest of the locks with your VIN.

#5 ·
My mech said that the yellow one seem more like the original, since it was already used for opening the doors, boot, handglove compartment. We have also noticed that this yellow key, seems more tough, like it is thicker and somewhat stronger. Its design, or engraved lines on the metal part, seems more sophisticated, just like the new cars which BMW or Lexus manufactures. Why is this so. Thanks alot. REAlly appreciate it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.