Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

My Car is Finally COMPLETE

1K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Englevakten 
#1 ·
Here is my W126 coupe, engine is a 420/500 yet to be confirmed, but originally a 380. Every part inside the car has been changed, from the cushions, noise damperning mats, perfect idle, to a Singapore$3000 sound system ,specially designed for my car, the car was tested with the windows all down, and completely up, as well as at a speed of 180km/h, the sound system was then adjusted to suit the comfort of the driver with the windows down or up. New air con system, from compressor to the cooling coils. Little gagets have been added, a set of fuel crackers, and a BROOQUET fuel charger. Top speed i have went is 220km/h on a slightly curvy road in between the Malaysians customs and Singapore's custom, car vibrated quite a bit, but i was told it is the wind. Now after spending close to S$15000, my car is finally complete. Here are the latest pictures of it. Please comment. Thanks :)

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
thanks.. yeah.. i know.. Thinking of chaning them to 18 inch Brabus ones. But they are costly, and these ones i have on are pretty new. Haha this is singapore, my wheel has to be there!

#5 ·
No, the steering wheel is on the right side. [;)]

Excellent job Joel. A beautiful car!

#6 ·
Congratulations!
You spent alot of $ in the restoration & I'm sure your proud of the results. GREAT JOB! Looks Super!
Don't you know what engine you have in the vehicle [?]

#7 ·
SSS1.. yeah thats the problem, its not a 380, but the mech is still checking to see whether it is a 420 or 500, cause some heads or something was changed.. Not to sure yet. Most likely he said, its a 500, cause its easy to swarp parts. Or maybe its the entire engine that got changed.

#9 ·
hey zeaq. yeah well.. what can one do with em.. They are new number plates too! haha!

#10 ·
A head change would not change the engine capacity.
Let's know what your investigations turn up.
Clear turn signal lenses always look good on a black coloured car & your deck lid (boot) needs alignment.
What is that black flat strap attached to the drivers seat & head rest?
Incidently who's your mechanic & who did you restoration work for you?
Again Great job.

#11 ·
I had diff mechs for diff parts.Most were introduced by some pple who used to own 126s. THe black thing? I really dont know. It came with the car, and had it since the first owner did the engine swop. Have pictures of the car without its engine and all, and it was already there. Hmm not really the engine head, but the parts, vavlve opening or something. Oh i got another question. Is there the logo for the 420SECs. cause i saw some online that didint have any logo at all, and my car... Never had the 380SEC logo ever since the engine was taken out. I was the one who recently ordered it. Thanks

#15 ·
storm- thats okayy.. I am not really that fond of them myself. thanks anyway.

jdc1244- my car, is originally having a 380 SEC body. However as you see, it look just like the 92 560SECs and all. My car was somewhat stripped, and was totally done up. The engine, i thought was also a 380SEC, but after sending the car to mechs after mechs all of them said the power is impossible. So theres this real good benz guy who copied all the engine parts and everything in my car. And he said its def not a 380. Most likely a 420 or 500, engine. He said the cylinder valve or something, parts changed and all. Will keep your informed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.