Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Appreciation for this forum, and Mercedes cars.

534 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jdc1244 
#1 ·
I’m a relatively new member of this forum, and to Mercedes cars. I joined this forum because I was unfamiliar with these cars, and needed some guidance to help resolve several problems with my 560SEC. I’ve always been, and probably always will, be a Chevy and Ford person. But I must say that this forum, and the people that have helped me are outstanding. All have been very knowledgeable, patient, and courteous. I bring this up because I recently joined a Chevy forum to try to find an answer to balancer question that I had, and got some rude and un-intelligent responses. I really like my 560SEC, and if weren’t for my friend selling it to me for a price I couldn’t refuse, I’d never get to appreciate Mercedes, or forums like this. Thanks.

#2 ·
Well I believe many people in this forum where at onetime or another a chevy/ford person. But once you find a 126 has come into your life it brings along a whole new prespective, which ushers in the need for patience to do things right because unlike a chevy or ford it wont be done again. I am a diy selfer but when it comes to mercedes you need a good forum like this. So welcome aboard and put your 2 cents in because thats what makes it. What seems simple to you is a solution to others.

#3 ·
pghguy517 - 10/18/2004 12:49 PM

But I must say that this forum, and the people that have helped me are outstanding. All have been very knowledgeable, patient, and courteous.
Are you sure you have the right forum?

I was ‘into’ Mustangs a few lifetimes ago. The original is harder and harder to find in even fair shape. I had a fox platform 5.0 L (non-GT) Mustang – it was ok but nothing like a Benz. The fox chassis was good for maybe 100,000 miles, barely – after that major system breakdowns and the car became a rattletrap. My 500 SEL has twice the miles and it’s completely rattle free. There’s no comparing the build quality, advanced ergonomics, and timeless design of an MB to any American car of the same era.
[:)]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.