Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

hesistant acceleration ??

694 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Braando 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

When my 280SE is cold, it is really hesistant when acclerating until it is warmed up properly.

It seems to be something similar to a flat spot down low in the RPM range.

Is there anyone out there that has experienced this problem before ? And especially how to go about repairing this problem ?

The car is at approx 300 000 kms now.

I don't think the head has been touched at all.

Any solutions ?

Thanks in advance.

Daniel.

#2 ·
If she runs better after she's warmed up, then continue to let her warm up before you really start accelerating hard. Why push it? Just allow yourself a little more time if you can. Take it easy, you'll get there.

Today, more than ever, I notice that the majority of drivers accelerate really hard from a stand still to go flying down the road either to the next light, stop sign or etc. Then, I usually roll up behind them within a few seconds later. What's the hurry? I guess with all the car commercials that they bombard us with daily showing cars flying around mountain sides and across flat plains doing 100 or more has gotten all of us in this speed frenzy.

The thing that I hate most is the idiot who wants to tail gate you because you're not driving fast enough. But, at the same time, you're already doing 5 miles over the speed limit in a business district. I really piss them off because I go a little slower to maintain what the posted speed limit is. Just another reason why the insurance industry and all the gas companies make so many $$$$$$$$$$$ is because we allow ourselves to be manipulated into there ever evolving cycle. Just my 2 cents. [^][^][^]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.