Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

A couple of questions about mixture unit

741 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  jhodg5ck 
#1 ·
I am in the process of removing the whole unit to replace a throotle position sensor. However, I am not sure about these two items.

What is the function of this post (arrow point on 1st picture)? It has a plastic cap on top. Do I just take it off like a bolt or do I need to do something else first? Looks to me it is there to block the throttle linckage from returning too much.

Also, are there any o rings for these connectors (2nd picture arrow points). I could not find any on all these web sites. I need to know before taken them out.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Sorry, can't help on the top picture, but the two fuel pipes can be removed and re-attached safely without the use of any sealer, if you undo them from the (outer) pipe end. Do not undo the (inner) nut attachment that screws into the fuel distributor, as this is sealed. You may need to use two spanners - one to hold the inner nut still, whilst cracking off the outer. You'll see what I mean when you have a go!

I have taken mine off many times. You will get a small seepage of petrol as you remove the pipes.

#5 ·
The top picture is just a nut, don't worry about it, take it off as you would any other:)

1 17mm's and your fuel lines will come apart. Be sure you can susupend them as high as they will reach (i use safety wire or zip ties) as the open fuel lines will continue to leak if they are laid flat w/ the motor etc...

No worries, the job you are tackling is not a tricky one, just take your time!

Jonathan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.