Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Suggested Improvements for the 126

3K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  prettyfly69 
#1 ·
The 126 was introduced over 20 years ago.
I find the design & styling hard to fault.
If you were in the 126 design team. What improvements would you recommend, maintaining the classic looks & keeping the design intact?

My contribution is:-
1. Improved instrument lighting.
2. 5-speed Auto Transmission.
3. "B" pillar airconditioning vents.
4. Repositioning of the horn behind the FRT. bumper for unrestricted air entry to the A/C condensor & radiator.

#27 ·
PWogaman - 10/18/2004 8:56 PM
No way I'll ever use a bike rack that latches onto the painted body.
This is what you can do, on that part where you have to latch the bike rack to the trunk, put some thin paper or something between the latch and the body, that will protect the paint.
-Joe

#29 ·
Yeah what is it with the US headlamps on the W126's they are hideous and just fade terribly. Was there some strange regulation in teh US about European imports, as the old volvo 240's and some other cars have equally as bizzarre hedlight fittings in the US.

although I htink you guys were also unfortunate not to get som many European cars due to the bumper overider/protrusion form body regulation.

#30 ·
Yeah what is it with the US headlamps on the W126's they are hideous and just fade terribly. Was there some strange regulation in teh US about European imports, as the old volvo 240's and some other cars have equally as bizzarre hedlight fittings in the US.

although I htink you guys were also unfortunate not to get som many European cars due to the bumper overider/protrusion form body regulation.

#31 ·
Yeah what is it with the US headlamps on the W126's they are hideous and just fade terribly. Was there some strange regulation in the US about European imports, as the old volvo 240's and some other cars have equally as bizzarre hedlight fittings in the US.

#32 ·
Yeah what is it with the US headlamps on the W126's they are hideous and just fade terribly. Was there some strange regulation in the US about European imports, as the old volvo 240's and some other cars have equally as bizzarre headlight fittings in the US.

#33 ·
Yeah what is it with the US headlamps on the W126's they are hideous and just fade terribly. Was there some strange regulation in the US about European imports, as the old volvo 240's and some other cars have equally as bizzarre headlight fittings in the US.

although I think you guys were also unfortunate not to get so many European cars due to the bumper overider/protrusion from body regulation.

As for the W126 only key improvement that is critical in the UK, mercedes should have had a word with all and every local council to make sure they were going to make parking spaces big enough.

alhtough it makes it easy to find here as my ass is always hanging out about 2ft more than anyone elses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.