Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

bigger rear wheel well... sec vs. sel

660 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  EuroCoupe 
#1 ·
i was just wondering which wheel well was bigger. i know sec's and sel's share no similar body panels, but i was just wondering what model has a bigger rear wheel well. the reason i am asking this is becuase i am getting 18x8 and 18x9's in the rear installed with h&r springs on tues. bergwerks has told me there is possible rubbing not on the outside of the rear tire, but rahter the inside of the tire meaning the actuall inner well could experience rubbing. i have been told many different oppinions in regards to tire rubbing. bergwerks mostly works on sec's not sel's.what do you all think. i know this should be in the wheel and tire forum, but i know i could count on your oppinion.

#2 ·
Good question, but I imagine that they are the same. Since I have both, I'll measure in the morning. That being said, I just put 18x10" on the rear of my SEC, W/18X8.5" ON THE FRONTS. mY et is 25, which is important. If you have a larger ET, you may have a problem. Also, I haven't lowered my car yet, but was told that I may have to roll the inner fender lip when I lower it, to avoid rubbing. Carl at Bergwerks won't steer you wrong. Great place!!

#7 ·
blue420sel - 10/16/2004 5:33 PM

ahhh, i sort of fell better now. any advice cause i am getting them installed on tuesday. i will be there for the whole install.
Putting new springs is pretty easy,I did mine,myself. The only advice is dont use 8mm shims in the front,I had rubbing problems. Do you know what shims you'll be using ?? frt & rears. Post some pics of before and after.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.