Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Exhaust /gas milage

570 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  jdc1244 
#1 ·
Just an update for everyone. Picked up my car from the muffler shop today,and the power and gas milage are very much improved[:)],but i'm not to sure about the exaust note. I know yesterday i said it was sweeeet and it was,on the hoist. But today when i picked it up and drove home the inside of the car sounded like a chevy 350, not a bad thing! but not very satisfing in a benz [V]. A small part of me likes to step on it and hear that rumble[}:)] But on the other side the car sounds like a chevy truck . I would like hear thoughts or suggestions on the matter[8D]. P.S. in the near future i plan on window tint and amg aero monoblocks so the sound may be more appropriate.

#2 ·
JPdad,

Since you asked, I prefer not to hear my exhaust system. I want my cars quiet, but then I'm an older guy and I don't like to call attention to myself. Except I drive Benz's and they tend to turn heads on their own. [:D]

#3 ·
AndyFracica - 1/18/2004 12:07 AM

JPdad,

Since you asked, I prefer not to hear my exhaust system. I want my cars quiet, but then I'm an older guy and I don't like to call attention to myself. Except I drive Benz's and they tend to turn heads on their own. [:D]
I’m an older guy as well who likes quiet cars; the note is not loud, it’s just slightly above the audible threshold. I hear it when my windows are down or if the windows are up with the blower and radio off. It’s a very soft, quite little note that says: “I love being a Mercedes V8!� [:)]

#4 ·
jdc1244 - 1/17/2004 12:46 AM
I’m an older guy as well who likes quiet cars; the note is not loud, it’s just slightly above the audible threshold. I hear it when my windows are down or if the windows are up with the blower and radio off. It’s a very soft, quite little note that says: “I love being a Mercedes V8!� [:)]
I know what you mean. Mercedes V8s have a sound all their own. [:)]

I have the V6 in the ML350 and I like the way it sounds when I wind it out. Other than that, you hardly hear it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.