Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Safety of W126 models

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Jamison 
#1 ·
Hello. This may seem like a dumb question however I would really like to know how "safe" you think the W126 is in general. Specifically a 1991 420 or 560. Since these are older cars, do they contain the next generation airbags that newer cars have or are they another older type? I have heard that older cars have airbags that can actually cause more damage than good. Is there any truth to this at all? Also how safe do you think the overall structure is in general? I am really looking for a safety testiminoal since I could not find one in the dedicated forum. Any information you may have will be very useful!

Thank You!

#3 ·
Mine has the SRS airbags and personally i think they are safe also. I mean the car is all full metal and i've slapped my car into a tree from the driver side fender damaging the front headlight full fender bent the front rim, dented the door, blew out the mirror...... very sad but i got it fixed. I was safe and walked right out with not even a scratch. After all no matter how old these machines are they are a Mercedes Benz.

-Sheldon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.