Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Climate Control lights are out

845 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  AndyFracica 
#1 ·
The circled butttons do not light up very well compared to the rest of the dash. Anybody know of a remedy to this? My mechanic says its not worth replacing, but i find it really annoying when driving at night. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
The upper right switch (back seat light) uses a fibre optic cable for ilumination. If the far left switches are bright then it's cable is out of position. That would indicate someone has been behind there before. The climate control is the newer version than mine but once removed it is self evident how to replace the bulbs.
Briefly, you remove coin tray, ashtray, ash tray housing, remove radio, remove wood panel (upper switches are pressed into panel, climate will stay where it is until unscrewed).

#4 ·
spdracrrk - 1/16/2004 8:27 PM

The circled butttons do not light up very well compared to the rest of the dash. Anybody know of a remedy to this? My mechanic says its not worth replacing, but i find it really annoying when driving at night. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
My 87 300SDL has two light bulbs, one on either side. There is a piece of light carrying plastic that takes the light from the bulbs to the switch buttons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.