Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Rules for the W126

3K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  AndyFracica 
#1 ·
Does anybody have stringent rules for their car?

For example in my car:

No smoking is permitted
No drinking
No food
Shoes must be wiped prior to entering.

People think I'm a fanatical nut. I just tell them it's a Mercedes and it requires extra special care[;)]

#2 ·
Same rules in my car plus:

No one touches the controls other than me, including the windows and radio controls.

Nothing except butts go on the seats (i.e. no backpacks, boxes, shoes, etcetera).

No leaning against the outside of my car.

No backseat drivers (No whining when i am speeding).

edward

#3 ·
Only hot chicks or my mom or boss in the front seat.

When you open the door, use the HANDLE

Fingerprints!

And don't even think about touching the radio.

#4 ·
1. No Playing with any buttons or switches.
2. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT TOUCHING THE RADIO
3. Use the handle to open and close the door not the Freakin window.
4. Wipe feet off prior to entry.

Simple rules nothing fancy.....Just respect my car and I will allow you to ride.....Disrepect and you will walk.

#8 ·
cnd - 12/29/2003 1:39 AM

Does anybody have stringent rules for their car?

For example in my car:

No smoking is permitted
No drinking
No food
Shoes must be wiped prior to entering.

People think I'm a fanatical nut. I just tell them it's a Mercedes and it requires extra special care[;)]
I'm the only one that can smoke cigars in my 126.[:D]

Just kidding[:D]

Andy

#10 ·
TonyD - 12/31/2003 10:22 PM

Fine cigars only and no McDonalds. [:)]
I don't do MickeyD.

I have smoked a cigar in the 126 but all the windows were down, the sunroof was open, and the a/c-vent system was off.

I only did it once and after I put in the garage that night I left everything open. In the morning no lingering smell, so I figured that I got lucky. Never did it again.

Andy

#11 ·
AndyFracica - 12/31/2003 11:28 PM

I have smoked a cigar in the 126 but all the windows were down, the sunroof was open, and the a/c-vent system was off.

I only did it once and after I put in the garage that night I left everything open. In the morning no lingering smell, so I figured that I got lucky. Never did it again.

Andy
hmmmm. i remember spending a lot of time in a small library back in the 80s before all the smoking bans came around. someone regularly smoked cigars in one of the reading rooms, and i came to love the lingering smell of cigar smoke on the leather armchairs and stuff. not sure what it would smell like in a w126, but it can't be worse than a $0.99 pina colada pinetree....

another question for all those who have banned the golden arches in your cars: is it mcdonald's specifically, or other fast foods as well, like KFC and BK? what about subway? sushi? grey poupon?

#13 ·
I go through the drive-thru and order but I would never eat the food in the car. I never get any lingering smells in the car when I purchase food as I always leave the roof open afterwards.

#14 ·
Yes, I'm usually too busy driving to eat in the car, and on a long road trip I welcome the opportunity to get out and sit in a restaurant for a change of scenery.

Then again, I haven't gone road-tripping in the Mercedes yet, I may not want to stop. [:)]

#15 ·
janos_z - 12/31/2003 12:08 AM
hmmmm. i remember spending a lot of time in a small library back in the 80s before all the smoking bans came around. someone regularly smoked cigars in one of the reading rooms, and i came to love the lingering smell of cigar smoke on the leather armchairs and stuff. not sure what it would smell like in a w126, but it can't be worse than a $0.99 pina colada pinetree....

another question for all those who have banned the golden arches in your cars: is it mcdonald's specifically, or other fast foods as well, like KFC and BK? what about subway? sushi? grey poupon?
There is something about the smell of cigar smoke, I'm not sure what it is, I can't remember any relatives that smoked cigars when I was a kid, but I just like it. I am really what I call an opportunistic cigar smoker, when the right opportunity presents itself I smoke, maybe once or twice a month when the weather is nice, I'll sit on the back patio and smoke one.

I really don't allow any eating in my cars, of course now that my wife is driving the 300 SDL on a regular basis, taking the kids to school and other places, there is no telling what goes on in there.[:)]

Andy

#16 ·
bumper sticker for the W126

saw this on a honda once. applies to all lowered benzes as well[:D][:D]

"No Fat Chicks, Car Will Scrape"

#17 ·
RE: bumper sticker for the W126

amgbnz - 1/2/2004 9:02 AM

saw this on a honda once. applies to all lowered benzes as well[:D][:D]

"No Fat Chicks, Car Will Scrape"
LOL [:D]

#18 ·
Update: Rules for the W126

I just put new carpeted floormats in the 126. I couldn't believe all of the crap in that car. My wife has turned it into a garbage can in just 5 months. [:(]

Oh well I'll keep driving the ML. [:D]

#20 ·
jdc1244 - 1/2/2004 5:00 PM

No children. They turn on the seat heaters in the summer![:0]
Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) I don't have seat heaters in the 126. [:(]

#22 ·
dtkw - 1/2/2004 5:27 PM

I told my kids if they mess up the car, they would lose a whole week of video game playing. So far so good.
That use to work when mine were younger. Now they are 14, 11, and 7. Still works on the 7 year old. [:)]

#24 ·
spanners - 1/2/2004 6:18 PM

If your in my car and you don't know what the button means don't press it, it may be the ejector seat.

You'd be surprised how many people think a Mercedes is fitted with one.[:D][:D][:D]
That's why they have such big sunroofs.[:)]

#25 ·
Much the same as above plus ...

No keys, cigarette lighters, cellphones or coins in the back pockets of pants ... and I reserve the rite to visually inspect / "slap down" the hot chicks

[:D]

#26 ·
blazer - 1/6/2004 3:42 PM

Much the same as above plus ...

...I reserve the rite to visually inspect / "slap down" the hot chicks

[:D]
Oh I like that but I prefer a pat to a slap (longer contact. [:D] )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.