Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Input from the M119 guys

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  lowesguy 
#1 ·
Hey guys, on the R129 forum members don't know alot about this stuff, thought I'd ask you guys, so I have a 1991 500SL with the M119, I'm testing hertz duty cycle for upcomming emission test, on my W124 I know how to do it, but on my engine not sure? I do have same test point put probes at 1 and 3, I get super low readings, should be around 50%, I do have the tower for adjusting and ball is still in it, so it has never been messed with!
If I raise the RPM to about 2500 then duty cycle seems to stay around 50%.
how you guys checking your early M119's?? car runs great by the way. Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Yes thats what I thought, my 92 300E M103 just passed emissions last week, I tested duty cycle and it was at 66% so turned it down to 50%, passed with flying colors and had cleaner numbers than average rating! I still think my M119 engine is a hare different on checking cycle, at idle it hovers around 9 to 20%, but like I said if I raise idle to 1-2k it hovers exactly at 50% , that 9% is what gets me , but the car would run like crap if there is an issue but it runs great. Plus I've never had a CEL come on, on the R129 forum most guys have newer SL's and don't have that lambada control system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.