Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Assaulted left for dead in my home my E420 STOLEN

12K views 41 replies 23 participants last post by  tuttebenne 
#1 ·
These people befriended me,I invited them over to watch a movie.. The woman began to kiss me as a distraction while the guy crept up behind me bashing me in the head 5 times w/a baseball bat then tried to smother me with a sofa cushion..They took my drivers license Soc Sec info, checks keys and title to my 95 Mercedes E420 vin number WDBEA34E0SC180557 and grabbed black California plates (HI POWER) and registration off my 99 Mercedes E55 AMG tossed it all in the 95 and took off for Arizona where they wrote bogus checks at a branch of my bank. cleaning out my checking account Im very afraid they'll try opening lines of credit in my name and ruining my credit.They could forge a signature on the E420s Nevada title and either sell it or put it in their name. If anyone sees my car, call police.these people are DANGEROUS,
Between vehicle theft ,license plate theft, Identity theft,check fraud,assault & battery, attempted murder its been some couple weeks

See less See more
#2 ·
wow Tweak that's horrible. Hopefully you weren't hurt too badly.
Did you file a police report and insurance claim.? You have to contact your bank and all of the credit card companies that you have accounts with.

We'll be on the look out for the car - though it's probably chopped up by now. Doubt they'd be stupid enough to sell a stolen car to someone.

#4 ·
I just have liability insurance so Im totally F-ed. my heads full of staples broke my cheekbone
Im all antsy to go out anymore plus my bank is of little help. They want the police to request looking at their security cams. So dick-y. They just wanna make sure I"M not scamming them US Bank fraud dept is the worst

#5 ·
Holy chit. Lake Elsinore is not the sort of place where this type of horrid crime seems likely. Driving the I-15 Freeway down to San Diego, I used to check out the sky divers floating down to land on the shores of Lake Elsinore. That location seems so far removed from this sort of crime. Hope the slime-balls get nailed.

You are very, very lucky to be alive and with no brain damage, after being hit multiple times with blunt force trauma. You are one bad hombre for sure, and you are sure to live to a ripe old age, if something like this failed to down you. I raise a toast to your survival.

Wishing you a safe recovery, and don't give up entirely on getting your money back from the bank. It may just take a while, and you will need to provide all the relevant police reports to show what went down after you were attacked.

Reactions: M. Schneider
#6 ·
Adding insult to injury I just realized that some black & white 14x20 photo proofs I found in an old box of my Father when he was a young attorney opening his law practice in Newport in the 50s. They looked fantastic but alas were in the back seat of Benzadrine

#7 ·
Yeah, one can't put a price on old family photographs. Scan all you have left of such pictures and whatever important documents you want to store digitally, then save 'em on a thumb drive for printout if ever the originals go missing.

Get well soon, Brother. My 1994 E420 runs like new at long last, after a lot of repairs and cost, so I can imagine how it must feel to have gone to all that effort to fix up such a fine car, only for some senselessly violent jail-bound felon to steal it over a little cash.

On the positive side, you never know, the CHP might still find your E420 abandoned out on some lonely stretch of highway in Riverside County, out of gas, and ready to be reunited with its rightful owner.

Reactions: M. Schneider
#8 ·
Wow! Absolutely horrible!! So glad you survived. I know you posted the VIN, can you also post the approx mileage? If they try to sell on CL and not post the VIN, they might post the mileage. I will keep a lookout. Can you also give the date this happened? I will do some Internet scanning.

Might be helpful to post this message in the general W124 section. Even I am not religious about checking this section. Also, a post in the main For Sale section (not the W124 For Sale) will get more people's attention. After all, these are the ones who will be looking at CL ads in their local area.

#9 ·
Also, post lots of pics for us. There is 1994 E420, black, for sale in Phoenix for $700. Only a front on pic, but shows that it has clear front corner lights. No VIN. But it appearantly is in limp mode. Always possible they are smart enough to use a slightly off model year in their ad.

#10 ·
Horrible to hear what happened to you. I agree with the post above, would be helpful to know the mileage of the car. If any fellow members of Benzworld would like to help keep an eye out, go to autotempest.com and search for E420's that have been listed on CL. It's a CL search engine that consolidates all listings across the US into one page. If someone posts it for sale on CL, it's best to catch it ASAP, so the more eyes we have open, the better.

#12 ·
I assume you were unable to inform police, bank, SSC, in a timely manner, and the people who did this to you were not tweakers (no pun intended).
Sorry this happened to you, but it could have been worse, either waking up minus a kidney or never waking up again.

Chances are this wasn't their first time, and they may have a record re honey trap rolling / robbing guys in hotels etc.

No offense, but we all know men come with two heads, but not enough blood to operate both at the same time.
Cheers

Fight kicks off in court as honey trap killers found guilty - Telegraph

#13 ·
Sounds like the kind of crime that justified crime scene investigation. No doubt there are tons of "prints" from the perps. Glad you are okay physically at least. You can rebuild the rest. They will be caught.

#17 ·
Well good news & bad news
My E420 has been recovered and the psychotic miscreants are in custody awaiting extradition. Bad news is the car is all the way in Greeley Colorado and fees to get it released are currently $580.00 and going up $30.00 a day. So I will probably not even bother. Victimized a second time by the tow yard. Flying out there, paying them off then gas,food,lodging for the 1100 mile journey back to SoCal and don't know the condition is a rather large gamble.

Apparently there was all kinds of stuff in the car... several other peoples I.D.s, checkbooks clothes,drug paraphernalia & dope among other things.So this couple's a wanna-be Bonnie & Clyde. Or more appropriately Natural Born Killers

#30 ·
That's insane that you're the owner, it was stolen from you and you're the crime victim here. Now they want to hold your car hostage for fees and impound when it absolutely in no way was your fault. I'd be trying to investigate some of the laws on the books about this in CO because I'm sure there's something that impound lot is hoping you'll never find on the books to get it out.

And yep just like I thought when I read what you posted about what happened they were a bunch of druggies. You've got to learn to screen women more carefully or just be like me; never date and collect cars. Lol I really do hope you get your car back and I hope the photos of your father are still in there.

#18 ·
Glad to hear from you again. Kinda worried. Bummer about the car. One would hope that the authorities would not screw over a victim of violent crime, but I guess not.

#21 ·
I too think insurance will insulate you from some of the costs. And the idea to get some help from a local is a great one.

Not sure what the $580 is for but if its totally the tow company fees they should do something for that money and maybe taking a few photos would be a good start, and assessing the condition would be another. Why give up on the car?

#22 ·
As mentioned previously. I only carry liability so I'm on my own as far as towing and storage fees go. The irony is the cops on the case will fly out there and fly the malefactors back to Cali .

If only it had worked out like this....

If someone is willing to check out my car please contact me

#23 · (Edited)
Tweak,

I've raised the Bat signal, posting for help checking out your car in all the sedan and the 107 and 129 forums. I hope we get someone local who can check out your car to see what these mongrels did to it. At least get your photo's back.

#27 ·
I'm an attorney in California - I know not much help in this situation but if you have homeowners or renters insurance , they cover the personal property inside the vehicle and they can assist you in getting the car and its contents back to you. When someone steals personal property your costs to get it back are covered by homeowners/renters insurance . In this case you'll also happen to get the car back along with the personal property

Also it is customary that auto theft victims do not need to pay impound yard fees. Contact the local police Dept where the car is located (go straight to the chief if necessary ) and ask them to tell the tow yard to waive fees and ask if you can provide a notarized release to let someone local pick up the car for you due to your Medical recovery

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.