Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Cluster Vacuum Gauge

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  dolucasi 
#1 ·
I want to upgrade my 1995 W124 E320 with the built-in vacuum gauge in the left gauge (temp/fuel/oil). Mine currently does not have it. If I put a gauge cluster in there with a vacuum gauge, where would I connect the tube going from the vacuum gauge up to?

#2 · (Edited)
Not sure why you'd want the "useless" gauge. In addition, not too many places to tap into vs. the earlier cars but there are vacuum lines around the brake booster area.

Really wished MB would have put in a volt or amp gauge instead of the vacuum appendage.

#3 ·
You do whatever you want and block the incessant naysayer; don't let him deter you. Your motivations need not be subject to "useless" question or ridicule.

From just inside the firewall behind the instrument cluster, you should be able to easily use a "T" fitting to tap into the vacuum line feeding the climate control actuator switch box. I believe it is a green line, but check on that.

As an FYI, the vacuum gauge is in up to model year 1990.

Reactions: gatorblue92
#6 ·
^ definitely the best thing you can do to a 124 other than add cupholders.

As for the vacuum gauge, I use mine as reinforcement/an alert that the engine management system is screwing up the way my car is running. (If the idle seems high and the vacuum gauge isn't pegged to the left, something is wrong).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.