Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

M104 Wire Identification

671 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  humblejoe 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I need help identifying two wires on my 1993 300e pictured below. It may be hard to tell, but they are located right above the oil filter. What are these?

I went to change my oil the other day and noticed they are exposed. I am nervous that if I pull out the filter I will damage these more.

How can I fix these and is there a temporary fix I can do in the immediate future? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Worth noting: my wiring harness has been replaced and my car is not exhibiting any strange symptoms.

Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
There is another option,
I have been running on a "re-wrapped" lower harness for about 3 years.
Noticed the wires one weekend, Car is my DD and couldn't wait for part.

I did have rolls of 3m Self fusing wire tape. Not the regular electrical tape, the grey stuff that physically bonds to itself and created waterproof seal.
they sell it at large home improvement stores in grey and clear if you need to do a quick repair.

Removed the harness, pulled the metal connector pins from the plug (most MB plugs open like a clamshell), rewrapped the wires and reinstalled.

It cost me nothing but time, and I didn't have to wait on the harness. Only Oil level/pressure/starter relay wires are ecojunk.
I have no plans on replacing the harness with a new one, as it is a completely functional repair.

Reactions: Jayare
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.