Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

fuel diaphragm pressure regulator SILICON FIX

7K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  stapler 
#1 ·
The fuel pressure regulator vaccum hose was slightly cracked giving a small leak..

Less than 0.05 cent silicon seal & fix and just saved myself about 270.00 euros.

Hopefully its totally dry after these 24 hours and no more leaks.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
There's still fuel getting into your intake manifold that is not metered. Your fuel to air mixture is not optimal. That's not good for your combustion chamber and engine oil in the long run. If the hole in the regulator gets bigger you could see fuel out of your tailpipe. Which means your catalytic converter (if your car has one) could be damaged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12 ·
There's still fuel getting into your intake manifold that is not metered. Your fuel to air mixture is not optimal. That's not good for your combustion chamber and engine oil in the long run. If the hole in the regulator gets bigger you could see fuel out of your tailpipe. Which means your catalytic converter (if your car has one) could be damaged.

Aside from the Cat converter what else could be damaged?

#4 ·
But the car just passed emissions test with almost 100%.

I just bought a new bosch Oxygen sensor 140 euros.
Installed a 2nd hand EHA valve.
new air filter.
new oil.

It was only the fuel pressure regulator vaccum pipe that was slightly cracked.
(there was a very small amount of black fluid emitting out of the crack)
Apparently the vaccum pipes are separately available/replaceable.

Attachments

#8 ·
Here is a better view of the moist area coming from the FPR. (its now dry and siliconed in the above picture).

The other picture is where the oil cooler pipe does not fit snug against the valve cover,
and also leaks oil.

When I replace the airbox it always pulls the pipe away from a perfect snug position when I seat it on the mounts.
Maybe the pipe has shrunk over time - or perhaps there is another reason.

I dont know how else you want me to clarify.

Attachments

#9 · (Edited)
Is there fuel coming out of the fuel pressure regulator when engine is running? You test for at least 3 to 5 min at idle and some mid and full throttle spurts.

If no fuel is coming out then it's just the rubber vacuum line connector that's leaking. Just replace that with a similar sized emissions or windshield rubber hose. You can also check and replace the plastic vacuum line with an emissions line. I don't know how long that silicon fix will hold.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.