Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Need help to identify transmission part 95 E320

711 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  mercron 
#1 · (Edited)
What part is this pictured below? It's the one with the L-shaped connector. I just found out that it's leaking. Is it replaceable?

My transmission runs fine. It shifts smoothly and goes into gear quickly.

I noticed it when I changed the bushing on the shifting arm on the transmission - not the one underneath the shifter. That was a pain to put on without the special tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
Just found out that this is the transmission overload protection switch. It retards the timing at high RPMs to reduce torque and protect the transmission.

I'm wondering if the leaking fluid somehow shorts this switch and retards my timing thus affecting even idle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
diagram shows that switch, S65, is normally open, and pressure closes it. one side of the switch is ground, the other side is a black wire to X22/1 pin 2, and from there a brown/red wire to pin 9 of the ECM (N3/4).

since its a switch to ground, you could possibly snake a thin wire into the connector, reassemble it, run this to a volt meter (other side of volt meter to ground...) the ECM would have a 'pull up resistor' to 5V or 12V, so normally that would read + volts, til the transmission is about to shift, it would drop to zero to tell the ECM to reduce torque and smooth the shift. Diagrams show X22/1 is under the fuse panel, a 3-pin connector.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.