Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

93 300E 2.8 bizarre turn signal issue

551 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  mendthebenz 
#1 ·
Hello Forum: I've owned 3 MB's and I've usually been able to figure out what I've needed to know by checking out the forums but I'm stumped on this latest issue. So, I've replaced the bulbs (pulled from my indy import parts place), cleaned the contacts and checked for any signs of wear on the wires. Fuses all seem fine.

The hazards work fine, front and back, steady blink and all are bright. All rear lights, brakes, signals & reverse are good during all functions with lights on and off.

Front lights are fine. With lights OFF, right front signal works fine but the bulb appears less bright. Left front (drivers) works but is brighter. With lights ON, right front signal works fine but is brighter. Left front (drivers) is less bright and you can barely see the filament flickering. It's very minute, such as it failed inspection.

Prior to buying new bulbs, the right side signal behaved the same way but the left side (drivers) signal would behave normally, front and back with lights off but when I turned on the lights the left rear blinked rapidly and front rapidly but you could barely see the filament flash and I got the dash "light" indicator telling me a bulb was out.

I swapped out the bulbs from the right to the left etc, with no difference.
Thanks,

See less See more
#2 ·
The first thing with these types of electrical issues is to ensure the tips of the fuses are clean and are making good contact with the capture blades. After that, check the grounds associated with the lights up front.

#4 ·
Check all earth points at the rear of light clusters .And fuses in the fuse box .Remove one at a time clean them ,check for cracks , and note from where they are removed from . You will find earth leads at the back of the lights front and back .Clean the earth leads and grease them up. Along with the bulb base , and side conntacts . You can try another earth lead to test them out with .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.