Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Throwing e550 Wheels onto 300e - AMG edition (WILL IT FIT?)

752 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Sevag 
#1 ·
Gents, I'm playing around with the idea of throwing these wheels on my 300e:

8.5J x 18 H2 et 48
MB p/n A2124012302

They have the correct bolt pattern of 5x112, but with an offset of 48, I'm thinking I'd need hub-centric spacers of...I dunno, 10-15mm? I've done the spacers thing before safely and with success.

What do you guys think, in terms of getting them to fit?

See less See more
#5 ·
Okay, good point here. I guess I've done the AMG monoblocks (Aero I Hammer wheels) as well as the EVO 2 wheels for so long on my car, I was thinking of upgrading the look to something more modern. I've always been a fan of the AC Schnitzer Type 3 wheels for BMW, so I was kinda excited when something somewhat analagous came out on the MB side

#7 ·
you want a modern look, buy a modern car.
I don't recall asking your opinion on what kind of car I should buy. Perhaps you are someone who is liberal with giving out that kind of advice, but consider keeping those opinions to yourself. To quote you, "no thanks". This is strictly a Fitment question, and I'll decide on the aesthetics myself. That being said your suggestions to the fitment effect are welcome.

you'd probably need /35 tires to fit on those 18's under a 124's wheel arches.... one pothole strike in the dark == one bent rim AND one $500 flat tire. no thanks.
Doing better with the tire size suggestion

As for 35 series tires, I actually currently run them on my 190e with Aero I hammer wheels and H&R lowering springs with a cut coil. I have no problem running that setup with hardly any fender gap, with occasional rubbing with normal slow street driving. This is not a track car like my 190e 2.3-16, nor is it a daily driver, and neither rubbing nor potholes bother me based on the roads I drive on and the amount and type of driving done on this particular vehicle. Thank you very much

PS 35 series tires don't run $500, you can get them for 1/4 of the price

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.