Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Weirdest Dash Light problem ever

376 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  LeftCoastGeek 
#1 ·
Got a 1995 E320. As a rule when I start it up the headlights come on as do the dash lights automatically. This morning the dash lights didn't come on, just the headlights. I reached over and turned the headlight switch to "on" and the dash light came on. Upon engine start up for the trip home after work, the dash lights came on per usual automatically without the headlight switch. Anybody had this problem? Yes of course it's a bad connection somewhere that's a given. Does anybody know where to look?

#2 ·
ugh, canadian DRL's ? US models, the lights only come on with the headlight switch, and they do it even if the ignition is off.

canadian coupe exterior lighting wiring diagram is here...
http://new.freescruz.com/.priv/W124/w124CD1/Program/ETM/24823000.pdf

I suggest printing sheets 2-5 with 'fit to page' then carefully slicing the right margin off and taping it together very carefully so the wires align, otherwise you'll go nuts trying to trace stuff that's split between the pages.

with a volt meter and some electric troubleshooting experience, this should be resolvable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.