Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

climate control system failure, advise

576 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  xrjoe 
#1 ·
this is a rare 1987 w124 300td, im not getting compressor or blower fan activity, it was intermittent a while back, after warmup and some road bump, it would start working. I got the ac supplement and was able to check thermal sensors in and out, all good, some vacuum solenoids for air diverter, good, I don't think the speed reluctor will be possible, but im wondering about the c-c unit dependability, i was disconnected from one plug, and when I turned ignition on, blower went to full speed, I haven't messed with compressor controller, just wondering if the climate control unit should be replaced, seems like its got a lot of job activity that might over burden it, can anyone help?

#2 ·
This sounds exactly like the blower motors brushes being worn out. Either replace the blower, or take it part and replace the brushes.

#3 ·
The ignition switch will cause this kind of problem when it is worn. One way to quickly check it is to start the engine and set the climate control to run. Then move the key back and forth within its range of motion without going too far and shutting the engine off. If the ignition switch is at fault you will see the climate control functions come on and go off as you move the key. Its an easy first place to start.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.