Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1990 300ce Voltage Regulator

507 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  boomop 
#1 ·
Replaced the Coil, Voltage Regulator, and 6 Spark Plugs today..easiest job ever, especially the V. Reg., there was no cover on the back of the alternator so very dirty, a little bit of elbow seafoam and all good.Old regulator wear brush contact radius only a little off center,.. good indication of alternator condition I think. 14.20V output idling. Will NOT order alternator rear cover from dealer and save large $. Next alternator will have it. Vehicle @ 116K. Tomorrow, the seafoaming/reaming/compressed airing.. of the pipe between the EGR Valve and the Intake Manifold. The new air filter will arrive Wed. and I will cut up the old one and use it to pass the F%$#@#G SMOG. .....and post the results. Currently failing on the HC but not by much, all other parameters PASS. Breather hose from valve cover very sludgy..now cleaned. Please wish me luck and good wishes as a fellow Mercedes Enthusiast/Idiot using a 27 year old gasser as a DD in L.A.. Runs like a Swiss watch btw. Saving the Planet 24 Valves at a Time! M104.98's ROCK !!!

#3 ·
Nice to hear from you sir, and I hope your MOT procedure is more lenient than ours here in California. Many nice examples of the 124 in England I think. There was a beautiful 300ce, identical to mine, parked across the street from my B&B in Notting Hill, London when I was there last Easter Weekend. Btw, stupid idea with the air filter didn't work at all, duh,..the car wouldn't run properly at all, duh..but the new air filter arrived today so I popped it in. Now off to the smog shop. Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.