Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Sportline parts supplier

3K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  autocomman 
#1 ·
So im lookin for rear sportline parts for my 95 w124 wagon, Ive got part numbers but havent called any dealers yet...are these parts even available anymore? Or is there a UK dealer that has decent pricing for US shipping?

Reactions: rodmankn3
#3 ·
Lookup a sportline that is same year as yours for sale. Use the vin and see if your dealer will order the parts.
Rusty @ �� parts used to get a "kit" together, but don't know if he does anymore

#4 ·
but where do i get a sportline vin....and sportline part numbers are easily found...i just wondered the avaibility...guess ill have to start calling dealers

#5 ·
yeah, afaik, no sportline 124 wagons were sold in the USA

you CAN find the PN's in EPC, IF you choose a 124.092 generic, then pick the euro version, BUT it gets real complicated. there are 2 different rear springs and 4 different rear pads depending on combinations of feature points.

a .092 starts with 60 points. various options add to this.
550 - hitching mechanism = +7
844 - rear folding seat = +6
307 - cool box(??) = +6
274,325 - auto phone = +3
412,414 - sliding roof = +3
211 - auto limited slip diff = +3
541 - double roller blind = +2
229 - rear space heating = +2
420,425 - auto trans = +1
934 - taxi distress alarm = +1
810 - sound system = +1
819 - CD changer = +1

so add up all that based on your data card.
if the result is ...
(score) / (rear spring) / (rear spring pad blue) / (rear spring pad red)
-61 / 1243241704 / 2013250944 / 2013251044
62-69 / 1243241704 / 2013251044 / 2013251144
70-71 / 1243241204 / 2103250944 / 2013251044
72-79 / 1243241204 / 2103251044 / 2013251144
80- / 1243241204 / 2013251144 / ------

(I have NO idea what red pad vs blue pad means... the -0944 pads are 8mm, -1044 are 13mm, -1144 are 18mm)

sportsline vehicles use rear hydro spring leg ('the shock') 1243202313 instead of the normal one.

sportsline rear sway bar: 1243261965
sportsline rear sway rubber mounts: 1243260181
sportsline 'mounting bow lever to torsion bar' 2013280426

this is all *I* found in a quick pass through EPC. have fun! you do NOT want to know what those hydro 'spring legs' (shocks) are going to cost.

#6 ·
Yeah well I'm ready to pony up...I need em mine are worn out..not bad spheres but just wornout out tired rear shocks...I almost bought the stock sachs replacements then went wait...I wonder if I can get the sport line versions...they can't be much more. But where would I even goto order from the euro side of the world assuming i have part numbers. I'm not concerned with the pads..just the rear hydro shocks and possibly the springs. I've already got the sport line subframe mounts, a new.full rear arm kit...I know new sport line rear sway is unobtanium...I'm debating the front sport line arms..already have bilsteins HDs on the front and I have a set of 500e springs but.may not use em if the sport line progressives are still avaiable. Either way I feel.this is most straight forward way to tighten up the car and retain the SLS which I don't want to dump

Reactions: rodmankn3
#9 · (Edited)
Keep in mind that a Sportline is much more than just a shock, spring and sway bar replacement job. It is the combination of all the Sportline components that make the magical transformation.

The A arm bushes, subframe mounts and especially the steering box transform the car into a more nimble object by increasing stiffness while eliminating the "leaning tower of Pisa" syndrome without sacrificing ride quality.

#11 ·
The hydro shock works like a regular shock with the addition of being to raise and lower via hydro fluid. The spheres are in the system for fast transients of the shock because the fluid has to go somewhere. When a sphere goes bad you pump nitrogen into the system, you get a hard bouncy ride. When the shock wears out, it rides like a worn shock...floaty, like a big Cadillac. mine don't leak, the car floats...been down this road, I know the SLS very well now. With all due respect let's not talk about how it works...

I'll check some of those places. The exchange on the euro right now definitely works in my favor

#12 ·
I should note im lookin for new parts, new shocks at a minimum anyway. Gonna try and call some dealers today too

#14 ·
Sportline wagon rear hydro shocks are available out of germany through your dealer. They are pricey as we all know, and every dealer has a different markup/price for the consumer. All I did was call up my local dealer. But i havent researched anything else thats sportline for avaiablility, im getting lectured in another thread about control arms now haha...

Reactions: JHinSC
#18 ·
ANYWAY.....I would suggest honestly for any sportline stuff to call your dealer and just see what they can get, most of it Im sure would be a direct order from germany if its still avaiable. Also, sometimes people at the dealer can be lazy, so if you fail at one, you can try another

#19 ·
#20 ·
Yeah, most people at the dealers have decided not to waste time without a VIN, many dealers are this way, I can understand why...with all available options its sometimes very hard to narrow down what is what in the EPC, i ve seen some of the EPC's, they are a disaster without a VIN. But there are enough people online who have done this, so with a little research you can find most if not all the part numbers that matter for this particular upgrade. I found the sportline numbers on someones thread and just called with the part number, no dealer has any issues lookin up a supplied part number, at least in my experience

Reactions: Jayare
#22 ·
Yeah bought em through Mercedespartssuperstore dot com. Its a dealer outa Massachusetts. I even called to verify they were avaible, guys there were helpful and I had no issues getting the parts. Havent got em on yet, I have the head off the car...once thats done then I tear apart the rear suspension to do all the links, subframe bushings (sportline versions) and the shocks. FYI, I didnt know but they dont come with the hydro hoses. I dont know if Im gonna replace em, i havent even looked up pricing on em, im so stretched on budget right now its stupid

Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.