Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

HL wipers, how to disable?

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Jayare 
#1 ·
So whats the easy way to disable HL wiper and washers, is it a plug or fuse?? easier the better.

#2 ·
Remove the headlight and unplug. Then get blank filler plates if you're going with Euro lights or ditching the wipers altogether.

The US spec lights had their specific wiper system which is not compatible with the Euro wiper setup.

#3 ·
OK, but I'm leaving them on , just want to disable that system, for some strange reason my son uses windshield wiper and washer on occasion and his HL wipers get activated, when they park their all crooked , I loosen them and get them straight, but that happens again ,they park crooked, so just want to disable them. OCD I guess.

Attachments

#5 · (Edited)
OR fix the kid. Sounds like a addiction problem to the washer system. Quick & easy rehab by draining the washer fluid and refilling with pure coolant. That'll stop the problem instantly. Guaranteed

Note: The headlight wipers only activate when the headlights are on AND the wiper function is activated. If the headlights are not on, the washer system only sprays the windshield.

#8 ·
What I find so amazing/frustrating about headlight wipers is how infrequently they add any value yet the cars never had cupholders - something many people use all day. I'm sure there were MBNA marketing people who were screaming at the mothership to get cupholders but the collective deaf ear at the factory had the last word.

#9 ·
What I find so amazing/frustrating about headlight wipers is how infrequently they add any value yet the cars never had cupholders - something many people use all day. I'm sure there were MBNA marketing people who were screaming at the mothership to get cupholders but the collective deaf ear at the factory had the last word.
It was a case of lost in translation. Actually, I'm with them cause I hate cupholders (especially the kind that gets drilled into the doorcard) and anybody that dares try to drink in my cars.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.