Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Introduction

689 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  MarkoJ21 
#1 ·
Hello!

My name is Marko and I am a new member of the benzworld.org forums.

I am also a recent owner of a 1994 E320. I've owned it for about a year now. One previous owner, very meticulous in his record-keeping. Everything on the vehicle works and it even comes with the original owner's manual.

Hopefully I'll have some photos up soon.

I'm not too savvy with forums as this one is the first I've joined. I hope I've posted my introduction in the right place.

That said, I plan to utilize and the DIY section has a lot of resources such as an online repair manual I've found. I would like to keep the vehicle in good shape and use OEM parts. If anyone would advise where to find an OEM parts dealer they use, online or otherwise, I would be very thankful.

Thanks for reading my post!

#2 ·
Welcome aboard Marco

It's good to have another member join up and is sounds like you acquired a nice, well kept example. I'm sure other CA members will chime in on where they purchase OE parts in CA. There are several online sources, FCPEuro, AutohausAZ, Parts.com, to name just a few that offer genuine OE parts.

Have fun with the car and enjoy the wealth of knowledge that is contained in the archieves of the forum. Again, Welcome!

Jayare

#3 ·
Hopefully I'll have some photos up soon.
Jayare, thanks for the warm welcome and your input.

I've attached a few photos at last. One of the interior, one on a summer set of wheels and the other on winters.

Attachments

#4 ·
Looks like a great car -- take advice from us who have been around for a long time, stick with Genuine parts. 90% of the stuff out there is pure junk and does not stand the test of time. Avoid anything Chinese, and the ONLY parts to even consider going aftermarket are the well known suppliers of the dealer parts - Behr (mostly), Sachs-Boge, Lemfoeorder, Bosch (ignition and fuel) are generally OK to go aftermarket.

The best option is to look them up, then compare with OE and if it's close or just a bit more for MB, go MB.

I'm a fan of MBDirectParts aka HuskerParts they are a dealer and generally have fantastic prices (although you have to pay shipping)

Under no circumstances to get anything URO, Febi, Meyle and other Chinese junk.
When in doubt, post here or buy MB.

#5 ·
When in doubt, post here or buy MB.
Hey Ps2cho,

I am posting my first question here for you - I hope you don't mind. You seem like you know your stuff. I'm looking into doing a brake job - replacing both front and rear brake pads, sensors and rotors. Was wondering if you could clarify the go-to brands for brakes? The dealer quotes me original parts around $600. Having browsed around it seems websites aren't any better (i.e. AUTOPARTSWAY) - then there's shipping. As well, I've noticed the rear wheel bearings are missing dust caps? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

PS To satisfy my curiosity, if anyone could recommend (I haven't come across a sticky) some websites on repair manuals (not owner manuals), list manufacturer codes to go for/stay away from and/or websites for parts in Canada I'd be grateful. :bowdown: Thanks! :bowdown:

#7 ·
Great looking car, awesome find!

If one is looking to be able to afford their older benz they must do research on what is OEM and what is not. Try Pelicanparts and autohausaz to find OEM Mercedes parts which do not have the Mercedes branding. Ie) Pagid, Jurid, and textar are OEM for brakes on these W124's so instead of buying the 'Mercedes OEM brake pads buy the pagid or textar brake pads for much less money on those sites. STAY away from URO parts, it's all junk. Also you can find lots of DIY videos on youtube and multiple DIY write ups on Pelican parts.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w140-s-class/2186361-oem-supplier-brake-pads.html

#8 ·
If one is looking to be able to afford their older benz they must do research on what is OEM and what is not.
Looks like you've got quite the gem yourself! Clean ride.

Affording this particular Benz is not so much the issue here. I knew what I was getting into. I've spent a pretty penny on it. I'm specifically asking for OEM MFG codes and/or brand names because that's all I intend to put into this vehicle and so I know I'm not buying "Chinese junk." The dealer quoted me a price of $600 and that's just for the parts. It doesn't make sense for me to pay their asking price of $1,100 for a complete brake system nor does it make sense (to me anyway) to buy parts online internationally and then pay shipping fees which is why I'm asking for local, Canadian resources. I've shipped in parts from Germany through the dealer in the past and paid the price. Just looking for a deal. The intent here is to learn from the old heads and gain some knowledge in the process, i.e., research, I would like to utilize your help and contribute by showing the upgrades and such in the future.

PS Thanks Jay for your input. That page will be very useful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.