Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

124 Sedan Picture Thread

1M views 2K replies 786 participants last post by  ackvig 
#1 ·
Hey guys, why not start a good ole' picture thread of all our W124s. Post your pics here!

#35 ·
1988 300TE4Matic: 160k miles, black leather interior with orthopaedic seats, aircon nearly works...!

Attachments

#40 ·
Here's my 260 ih the coast of Panama City, FL...

Attachments

#43 ·
Eastside, so is your '87 Benz a 260E, or a 300E? Your sig file says 260, but the photo you just posted says 300. Just curious....

BTW, I never noticed 260Es before, but I've seen a few around town recently. I guess they don't have headlight wipers. Are there any other features that they don't have, as compared to the 300E?

#45 ·
Well, the three 260s I've seen in the past few weeks were all without headlight wipers. So it this absence of wipers a function of the production year, then?

#47 ·
Hey Chupper,

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you
I've had to replace the engine, after about 230,000 miles and the transmission needs to be resealed/rebuilt. The power steering box leaks but that is a very expensive fix. I'm all together pleased, though. I love the car. I've got Eibach Sport springs on it with the shortest pads Mercedes has available. I've forgotten the exact mm...but the bumper (with fog lights included) was a purchase from NR Auto in Southern California. I wouldn't reccomend them, though, because the product was damaged (warped in the middle/several cracks) upon arrival and they refused to do anything about it. Erebuni, out of New York, sells the same bumper if you can get them to separate it from the kit which includes side panels and the rear bumper. I have found a source for the front bumper, only, here in San Francisco for around $250.00. They are a distributor/dealer for Erebuni so I plan to replace mine, with quality guarantees up front. Let me know if you're interested and I'll dig up their information for ya. Thanks for the compliment!

BTW, how's your's runnin'? It looks like it's runin' pretty good from your burnout pix!

Kirk[^]

#49 ·
Here is a few pics of our E280:

http://www.mbnz.org/gallery/pics/W124_53786.jpg

http://www.mbnz.org/gallery/pics/W124_51971.jpg

Enjoy!