Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

W124 230TE - our "old girl"

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  abarton@yahoo.com 
#1 ·
Thought we'd post a pic of our "baby" :)

1989 230TE - 210,000 miles and still going strong

Andy

See less See more
#2 ·
Bullet proof

Another trophy for Mercedes reliability

#4 ·
Thought we'd post a pic of our "baby" :)

1989 230TE - 210,000 miles and still going strong

Andy
Andy,

That's a nice straight 230TE, especially for 210,000 miles. That's over 330,000km. You should be proud of it.

Greg

#5 ·
Yep, we are proud of it - we are gradually taking care of all the little knocks/marks/bl...

Yep, we are proud of it - we are gradually taking care of all the little knocks/marks/blemishes etc and small mechanical gremlins that are associated with a car that's done this kind of mileage.

We bought it locally a few months back and have the complete history of the car including a very expensive new gearbox @ 175,000 miles. I'm going to replace all the brake disks in the next week or two as the front vented ones are looking a little worn. there are a few other minor bits on the suspension that may or may not need attention but will probably be replaced anyway.

The engine is a dream, starts first time everytime, runs smoothly has great oil pressure - as the pic shows burns no oil and has no leaks.

Everything just works - like clockwork and the car is in daily use returning just below 30mpg on average and about 36 on motorway/long runs.

Andy

#6 ·
NICE

Andy,

Congrads on your new car, looks great. I was
at the street races last weekend and there was a 90's
TE slammed on some 18's, tinted windows, clear corners
with all kinds of custom mods.To make a long story short it was kicking some Honda & Acura a**.
I didn't get a chance to see what he did to the engine
cuzz I couldn't catch up to him in my Nissan.lol
Damn should've taken my E class out that night.

#8 ·
OHHH YEAHh

Andy,

Yeah, but with Brabus MonoBlocks , Jet black with dark tint in the back..It was gorgeous. Just proves the point that there's endless possiblitlies for
the W124. Just alot of imagination and a deep wallet..lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.