Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Is it leather?

882 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Team PMS Racing 
#1 ·
Ok, here is my stupid question for the night:

If the seats in a 91 300 E have those little holes in them, perforations, does it mean it is not leather?

Like below?
. . . . . . .
. . . . . . . .
. . . . . . .
. . . . . . . .
. . . . . . .

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Sportline?

My seats have little holes, They are definatly leather. They look a little more bolstered at the side than yours but its hard to tell from the photo . Mine are the standard leather electric sportline seats.

#4 ·
hey...the pic that is showing there is definately leather........

hey...the pic that is showing there is definately leather.....

#6 ·
Thanks people for the replies. I was starting to get buyers remorse if they were not le...

Thanks people for the replies. I was starting to get buyers remorse if they were not leather. I STILL have not gotten posession of the car yet.(Grrr) I'm still waiting and waiting and waiting and....

I'm hoping that I get it on tuesday or wednesday.

he he he...the old man sure treated the inside of the car like a garbage truck. I can see myself spending a whole weekend just cleaning the inside.

Thanks again.

#7 ·
My car has the same style leather seats. I think that they are the newer ones and on you...

My car has the same style leather seats. I think that they are the newer ones and on your car were and option. Most 300E's I see have the seats with the vertical sections through them.

#8 ·
Hmm, I wouldn't dought that they might of been an option because he did mention he got t...

Hmm, I wouldn't dought that they might of been an option because he did mention he got the 2nd airbag option instead of the glove box. Personally, I would prefered not having any airbags on this car because if I'm in a wreck with it, I don't wanna see the repair bill.(grin)

Another silly question, did all the 91 300 E's come with tilt wheel? I did not notice it on my car, and it will be sorely missed if it is not there.

Anyway, hope everone is enjoying their weekend. Thanks

#9 ·
yes, those seats are the newer shape, and they are leather. and as far as i know, none o...

yes, those seats are the newer shape, and they are leather. and as far as i know, none of the w124s came with tilt wheel. they only telescope.

#10 ·
Thanks again for the replies.

Shame that the steering wheel won't tilt. Even my crap...

Thanks again for the replies.

Shame that the steering wheel won't tilt. Even my crappy old Buick Le Sabre had tilt wheel that year. I guess a nice Dino or Momo 13 inch wheel will give me the extra room I need. Hey, who really needs to look at the gauges that easy anyway?[:D] I figure Mercedes dropped the ball on that one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.