Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

400 E.....????

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  vwbuge 
#1 ·
Where can I find info on this car?...specs???...production numbers??? Peoples opinioin's.....I think this will be my first gas Benz.

#2 ·
The are some members who have webpages devoted to this car, one has a copy of the road tes...

The are some members who have webpages devoted to this car, one has a copy of the road test that MotorTrend did back in the day. My car has been very good, just had to replace the waterpump, did it myself.

#3 ·
fairly reliable vehicle then? Does anyone think I will be satisfied after owning a 300SD?...

fairly reliable vehicle then? Does anyone think I will be satisfied after owning a 300SD? Obviously a power difference but ride quality and reliability?

Nero. still have the Porsche?

#4 ·
i can't comment on reliability, since i've only owned my 400E for a couple weeks. but th...

i can't comment on reliability, since i've only owned my 400E for a couple weeks. but the ride is nice. i actually prefer it to my s-class' suspension over rough roads (though my s-class does better over smoother roads -- i would have figured it would be the other way around, actually). oh, and the seats are great -- some of the most comfortable seats i've ever sat in.

so i'm very happy with my purchase -- good luck to you!

#5 ·
I blew up the engine in it, then put a new engine in it. The car had horrible electrical...

I blew up the engine in it, then put a new engine in it. The car had horrible electrical problems and after 8 months of not driving it I bet it over a game of golf and lost, although I felt as if I had won. All the cars in that list have been ones that I have owned in my 5 year driving history.

#6 ·
A few years ago a friend of mine's brother was putting a kit car together using a '75 or '...

A few years ago a friend of mine's brother was putting a kit car together using a '75 or '76 914. I bought the wheels, exhaust and motor (including carbs) for a ridiculous amount of money. (small amount) Just last month that friend of mine came back and asked me to buy the car to go with the motor I already have. The car was in pieces. All stripped and cut, ready for the $1500 fiberglass body kit. Also ready for the V8 conversion. My wife and I declined becuase we have a baby on the way. I could have had that car for a measley $500. I just dont have the time. Hopefully he will still have the car in a few years. As for the original motor....I'm saving it to build my killer Baja Bug.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.