Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Need help replacing front door speakers

924 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Kestas 
#1 ·
Fellow Benzo lovers,

Can someone assist in explaining how to remove lower door panels on my 94 E320? Not sure if they pull straight off or up or what....

#2 ·
I'm working from memory, but I believe you have to remove the mirror cover and the assembl...

I'm working from memory, but I believe you have to remove the mirror cover and the assembly for the door (open) handle/seat adjuster. Then you remove the phillips head screw at the top of the door (pull) handle. The actuating rod for the door open mechanism must be undone. Once all the proper fasteners are undone, the door covering is pulled upward then outward.

The toughest part was removing the little black pieces around the door open handle without breaking them. I believe you have to slide it forward, then pull.

As a side note, it really bugs me when a premium manufacturer of quality cars decides to heavily use molded-in clips and fasteners over simple screws to manufacture and assemble a product. It makes for easy and cheap assembly of a product, but a nightmare to service! It's nearly impossible to service a car nowadays without breaking molded-in clips.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.