Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

E220 coupe

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  silver50 
#1 ·
I've just picked up the E220 coupe I've bought and have a few questions;

Firstly; I've noticed that the passenger side mirror is smaller than the drivers side. Is this normal or has one been replaced?

Secondly; On the passenger side door pocket theres a small plastic cover, its about 2inch square, what's this?

And finally; I noticed that after going for fuel the passenger seat belt arm didn't operate.

#2 ·
I've just picked up the E220 coupe I've bought and have a few questions;

Firstly; I've noticed that the passenger side mirror is smaller than the drivers side. Is this normal or has one been replaced?

Secondly; On the passenger side door pocket theres a small plastic cover, its about 2inch square, what's this?

And finally; I noticed that after going for fuel the passenger seat belt arm didn't operate.
Well done on the purchase. The odd mirrors are perfectly normal. All W124's have them. Deeper field of view on passenger side.

2 inch square thing is I think blank for either white door lights or red anti collision ones when you open the door.

Sorry , don't know anything about the seatbelt arms.

Andy

#3 ·
W124 coupe questions

As Andy mentions, the exterior mirrors are meant to be a different size. Looks odd I know, but all W124s were like that (my recently aquired W201, 190E has the same).

As for the clear cover over the recess in the left hand door pocket, that's a mystery to me too. I've noticed it on my father's E320 coupe. I don't think it is meant for a light. The bottoms of the doors have courtesy lights fitted already (so you can see if you are about to step in doggy do). Possibly it has some function when this is the driver's door in European, American and other left hand drive markets. Can anyone tell us what this is for?

Regarding the seat belt arm, from memory they only operate after the door has been opened. If you stopped for fuel and did not open the passenger door, then the passenger side arm would not operate. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm only going by memory here.

#4 ·
Yes the seat belt arms are linked to the doors, I'ld odviously been opening the door whils...

Yes the seat belt arms are linked to the doors, I'ld odviously been opening the door whilst looking over the car, so both arms always worked.

The car as you say has courtesy lights fitted so the plastic cover is still a mystery.

#5 ·
hello all, this is my first post on this site. i own a 1995 e220 coupe. very happy with it, in fact i am more and more impressed by it every time i drive it. it is so effortles and a joy to drive.

question:

1. what is the difference between the CE model and E class coupe? they look almost identical.

2. is there a dedicated forum for e class coupe models? i cant seem to find it.

thanks in advance.

Yusuf Aslam
London

G
#6 ·
RE: Yes the seat belt arms are linked to the doors, I'ld odviously been opening the door whils...

heckflosse - 2/3/2003 8:24 AM
The car as you say has courtesy lights fitted so the plastic cover is still a mystery.
The idea is that you keep your service book in there and the window shows you when the next service is due.
As Michael Caine would say "Not a lot of people know that"[:D]

#8 ·
I too am just in the process of buying a 92 230CE with only 64000 miles and full MB history(20 stamps in book!!)

I too was just wondering what the blank on the passenger door was for,it's a weird one!

The car is beryl metallic with mushroom leather-here's a poor pic I took last night!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.