Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Dimmed instrument cluster?

2K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  Chupper 
#1 ·
Do you have a dimmed instrument cluster?I know the solution.I do sell white gauges along with instruction on how to remove cluster plus on how to improve the lightning of your cluster.Check my white gauges on ebay under "mercedes w124 300e white gauges"

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
ONly $30+ shipping.
here's the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...

ONly $30+ shipping.
here's the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6773&item=2400780612&rd=1

or just type on ebay= "MERCEDES WHITE GAUGES 300E"

#14 ·
Ooh... once I get the $30 I am going to get a pair of those... [:)]

I know that you...

I know that you have to re-calibrate your gages after installing the new faces. Do you have a accurate way to do that? Or will I have to take it in to my mechanic to calibrate?

#15 ·
Re: Ooh... once I get the $30 I am going to get a pair of those... [:)]I know that you

I know that you have to re-calibrate your gages after installing the new faces. Do you have a accurate way to do that? Or will I have to take it in to my mechanic to calibrate?
Yea, that might be annoying. I sold some red ones to someone a while ago, I didn't like them...

Also, I'm getting xenon's put in my dash. That would be quite a combination with the white ones.

Also, does it HAVE to say AMG at the bottom? I don't like to mark up somin that its not.

Thanks!

#16 ·
The trick is take a note the location of the needles before removing them..especially on...

The trick is take a note of the location of the needles before removing them..especially on the gas/eco/temp/pressure.The speedo and tachometer are easy.I will give full instructions w/photos.

Chupper,
I can remove the AMG logo if you want plain gauges.There's no such thing as xenon bulbs(don't be fooled they'are selling this for $40 on ebay) for insturment cluster if you really wanna improve the lightning of your cluster get a pair of 168/194 piaa super white 5w($12) or eurolite hyperwhite which is available on ebay or local rice shop.

#17 ·
What are the white face gauges made of??

What are the white face gauges made of??

#18 ·
Re: The trick is take a note the location of the needles before removing them..especially on..

Chupper,
I can remove the AMG logo if you want plain gauges.There's no such thing as xenon bulbs(don't be fooled they'are selling this for $40 on ebay) for insturment cluster if you really wanna improve the lightning of your cluster get a pair of 168/194 piaa super white 5w($12) or eurolite hyperwhite which is available on ebay or local rice shop.
Oh dear. Well, I already will win the bid. I looked at his comments and people said that they were brighter? Maybe they are brighter just not xenon... Ugh...

Well, um, MBFANATIC, can you put like my own logo or have it say "Chupper" where it says AMG? Or better yet can you put my logo and "Chupper"? That would be extremely solid. By the way, I'm winning one of your bids so I'll be buying from ya :)! Instead of E-Mailing like E-Bay wants, we'll just use the Benzworld forum [^], he he.

Well?

#20 ·
Chupper,
Yes i can put "Chupper" instead of AMG Logo.If you're talking about the logo on ...

Chupper,
Yes i can put "Chupper" instead of AMG Logo.If you're talking about the logo on your benzworld under your name i can also put that.

Twitch,
This are made from thick laminated paper.I can also silkscreen them in plastic or metal but are you willing to pay $100 for that?I have my white gauges for about 3 years now without any problem.

#22 ·
I'm assuming your talking $100 for the whole thing total. Sure, why not, go ahead.

Just...

I'm assuming your talking $100 for the whole thing total. Sure, why not, go ahead.

Just put it all on the tab on E-Bay and I'll ship you the correct money order or cashiers check. Thanks!

#25 ·
CHUPPER (UPDATE)

Chupp,

Did you ever install the xenon dash lights? If so let us know how they worked out. The dim dash lights are
starting to really annoy me. I figure while I have the dash out to change to white gauge faces i might as well change the bulbs too. Thanx

#26 ·
They are a little bit brighter, not THAT much though. With white guages [i]and[/i] those ...

They are a little bit brighter, not THAT much though. With white guages and those lights it will be a lot brighter. I wish they would be a little more blue in appearance, it would look cool on the white backdrop of the guages, but it doesn't, its just the normal color. FYI: the bulb itself is light blue.

If you need any other opinions, just let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.