Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

'Climate control issues-95 e420

920 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  suginami 
#1 ·
Hi All:

I'm currently looking to replace my tired '88 260e with a 1995 e420.

Since I currently have no A/C on the '88 (argh-95 degress in SoCal today), I am particularly sensitive to the A/C-Achilles issue.

I have read that the A/C system is the same on both cars, but were there any improvements for the '94/'95 model year 124's? Seems like they should have been some. Same likelyhood of problems on the '95, with the exception of R134 in the newer?

Thanks in advance...

Mike
(sweatin' in Ojai with no A/C)

#2 ·
I don't think the climate contral system was redesigned, but I'm sure the quality of the p...

I don't think the climate contral system was redesigned, but I'm sure the quality of the parts was improved.

Evaporator failures on the early W124's ('86-'89) were common, and this is an expensive job due to labor at 22.5 shop hours.

From what I've read, evaporator failures on the later W124's are much less common.

Also, the new refrigerant R134a was introduced on the V8 models starting from model year 1992, and all other models got R134a starting from model year 1993, so replacment of refrigerant, if necessary would be cheap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.