Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1st Row seat power

906 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  414228 
#1 ·
I have a front pair of seats to remove in a car without an ignition or seat switches. All the fuses have been removed.

One seat is set back and reclined into the rear seat.

If I open the wire loom that runs along the floor is it possible to send voltage to the motors.

1992 300d

#2 ·
looking at the ETM (Electronic Troubleshooting Manual), if you have memory seats, the motors are plugged into the memory controller under the seat. if you don't have memory seats, the wiring connectors are all different, but either way the connectors are under the seat. the front/rear motor wires look to be violet and blue... you'd power these with 12V one way for forward, and the other way for backwards.

#4 ·
The connectors I used are from the 6 pin connector from the seat switch in the door.
The connectors split apart and the pins then become easier to work with.
The purple and blue are ahead and reverse , The orange and grey is the back rest , The two pinks are the head rest.

I was uncertain of the motors polaritys with respect to grounds But the reverse polaritys switched seat motor directions as you say. Thank you Volvo.

This allowed me to remove front and back seats from the car The headliner and The sunroof carriage.
I will be taking half the roof off starting at the A pillars then back to the rear section of the sunroof which allows me to remove the pillars and door jamb from the inside cavity of the roof.
Once I have the front section of the roof removed from this cutaway section I will be removing the front roof section of my refinish 300 and joining the 2 together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.