Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Odd Window Problem

651 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  LeftCoastGeek 
#1 ·
Hello everyone -

Odd problem with my 1987 300TD. About a month ago 3 out of the 4 power windows stopped functioning or worked intermittently. Was lazy and I took it to the shop and they replaced all 4 window switches. Issue seemed to abate but now same issue all over again. I'm curious if there is a relay that maybe is the issue vs. the switches?

In advance, thanks for your advice!

Mike

#3 ·
I resurrected a 300E's window switch with a thorough application of DeoxIT to the switch innards and cleaning the contacts inside with slivers of pencil eraser held in a very slender pair of needlenose pliers, followed by a drop of DeoxIT D100 on each contact. switch has worked perfectly ever since.

p.s. no relays, the switches are wired directly to the window motors in the doors. see pages 144 and 144/1 of the ETM, https://www.startekinfo.com/StarTek/outside/12264/Program/ETM/ETM.pdf
the only relay is to power the whole thing, so if ANY window works, then your relay is working.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.