Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Why would PO do this??

655 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  sfsegui 
#1 ·
I finally got very annoyed last night when I had to run a few errands in the wagon and my feet were about to freeze because I have zero heat to my footwells. So today when I was replacing a few bulbs, which led to pulling floor mats to look for a vacuum leak (found it, door locks work flawlessly again), which led to pulling center consoles, which basically led to removing drivers front side interior I finally made it to the footwell pods behind the radio and CCU. I checked the vacuum control behind the glove box and all lines were plugged in and not loose or cracked. Then I pulled back the number of wires and saw why there was no air going to the foot vents. The PO had cut and capped the lines to the footwell pods. Why?? I can only guess they needed to be replaced and were making noise?? I have no idea. I tried to hook it back up but no luck. I can manually open the footwell vents (but they close back when I let go), but no luck when I try to control it from the CCU. I need to get a MityVac anyway to track down a vacuum leak in the sedan, so I assume I need to check the vacuum on these lines, but it looks as though I need to replace these 2 pods, correct?? Thanks for any input, suggestions.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.