Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

need wheel answer quick...

680 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Jayare 
#1 ·
guys, got a line on some wheels for the 260e that are off a 2004 ML350. they are 16x8. the guys doesnt know the offset. will they fit ok and look decent on the 88 260?? I want a wide wheel and a tire that will fill up the well good.
If they will fit, what size tire should I go with.

#4 ·
Hey Mate

As a rule of thumb 30-37 is the offset range your looking for.

When you looking at wheels for your ride use the following resoucres.

Mercedes alloys | Alloy Wheels Direct Ltd

This will show you most of the classes etc and by looking for the specific wheels it will give you the specs such as offset.

On this chart you can get an idea of the best fitting offset sizes

Mercedes-Benz Fitting Chart

Cheers

#5 · (Edited)
offset

all the info is on the back of the wheel, ask him to look, or you look

8J X 16 ET58 I bet, or something close to it.

all modern MB wheels have the above format cast into the back of the wheels

ML wheels have a large ET, way too much for a E class, they will rub the suspension

don't do it...

Look for wheels that are 7.5 x 16 or 17, et around 37 plus or minus a few, 8's may rub depending...

#6 ·
Bolt hole size needs to be another consideration. W124's have 12mm bolts, W140 S Class have 14mm bolts. Don't know what the ML's have but something tells me that they aren't 12mm.

I'd pass on these. There will be considerable extra weight of each wheel/tire combo. Seeing that the 260 has 158 hp on it's best day, the added weight will take it's toll on performance, fuel mileage, breaking distance and additional stress on suspension components. Hold out for something you favor in the 16" world. Better drivability, lower cost of tires, no rubbing issues etc etc

Jayare

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.