Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Australian Delivered W124 A/C stopped working

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  288369 
#1 ·
Hi.
1993 Australian delivered 300 E W124 2.8
Fan on A/C Just stopped turning on.
Fuse #7 OK but cannot find the strip fuse outside fuse box to check it.
Any ideas?
Found images on Forum for what I assume to be a US model but doesn't appear to be in the same position on the Aussie version.
Also what else could be the problem?
Hope someone can help and thanks.

Dave

#4 ·
Strip fuse is on the driver's side strut tower in a small black holder. Pull it out to check it, they can look fine but have a hairline crack.

If it's not that, then I would suspect you will need a new blower motor resistor and blower. Replace them both at the same time, less headache in the long run.

#11 · (Edited)
Dave, there is no strip fuse on Australian delivered cars. It's just the one in the fuse box. Oz cars don't have the automatic HVAC system like on the American cars. Which is just as well some might say.

Also, the blower regulator for Oz cars is located over and behind the fuse box. Sort of tucked under the bottom of the windscreen. It is totally different from the blower reg in US delivered cars which is under the blower motor itself.

#12 ·
It would be unusual but not impossible for the blower to just stop dead. They usually start making squeaky dry bearing sort of noises, will work intermittently or on a certain speed but not others before failing completely. If it is the blower it's a DIY if you have patience. Do not ask MB for a price or your eyes will bleed.

It could also be the switch, regulator, an earth or the fuse. My money is on the switch.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.