Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Smoothies

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  stormtigers 
#1 ·
Has anyone seen the film DAYBREAKERS, starring Ethan Hawke, William Defoe, released in 2009?
I really like the look of the rims on the car that Ethan Hawke's character drives!
They look like they have no holes at all, I would call them smoothies, and have been considering putting something like them on my E420. Has anyone seen or tried a rim similar to this on their W124?
Here's a few images, the first is a model of the movie car, the other 2 are stills from the movie, Tell me your opinion of these on a w124 E420..
thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·

For W124's this is about as close as you can get to that 'smothie' look while staying OEM, aftermarket has endless amounts of wheels/caps that may suit your needs...

stainless "full moon caps" for example, and these may actually give you very slight mpg gains :thumbsup:

#7 ·
I wouldn't put those stainless moons on anything newer than 1960 but I find those MB caps to be rather fantastic

#9 ·
See and I was thinking the opposite, the shinyness at speed, moving down the highway, almost gives it the illusion of moving at light speed while keeping the sexy lines of the car in focus, and the opposite is true while standing still with a rim like this, it (again in my opinion) isn't busy and zig-zagging everywhere- it doesnt take away from the body lines of the car..simple.. elegant...
I think the top pic is the best example of what I'm thinking about, and the lines of the 300c are "similar" or atleast more so than most....
These look like nice hubs..
Smoothie Hubcaps, Baby Moon or Moon Hubcaps Wheel Covers Kustom Car Moons
Its just I don't like being like everyone else, and have a tendency to do the opposite of whats "popular" most of the time...

#10 ·
As long as you don't put those crappy, stupid , ridiculous , plain gawd awful hubcaps that look like they ain't moving. Looks like your sliding down the road outta control !

Fingers down the throat time !!!!!

#13 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.