Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

weird cold start problems

617 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  meinpanzer 
#1 ·
noticed just this morning the car wont start stone cold. If i spray some carb cleaner in the filter snorkel it will kind of want to start but as soon as you let off key, it will die.
forgive me brothers, its been a while since the 124 days. What do i need to check? The weird part is this; after I attempt to start it and let off the key, the interior light will blink 2 quick blinks for about 4-5 times, then start blinking rapidly until you turn the key off. WTH?? If i turn off the key and turn back to run position, the light will come on as normal. Only after a failed start does it do this blinking thing.
Please forward any ideas on the no start issues, something tells me there is something to this light thing. Is it possible that MB designed something like this as an over the top idiot light?? LOL let me know guys, gotta fix this cold start issue.

#2 ·
I havent totally lost it guys... My memory came back for a second and I checked the fuse on the ovp relay. the fuse was blown! i changed it and now it starts right up when cold. However, i have to keep my foot on the gas just a little to keep it running. Is there something else I need to check now about the new problem?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.