Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Door lock and sunroof acting weird

710 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  zebani 
#1 ·
Hi guys. As the title says my sunroof and the passenger door lock started to act a little bit weird.

First the sunroof: It slides both forward and back with no problems. However it is having hard time when I try to lift it up. Sometimes I need to push it with my hand while I am using the automatic button, sometimes I need to press 4 - 5 times and sometimes it works just fine. I thought something might have gotten stuck in it. I looked around but couldn't really notice anything unusual.

The passenger door problem started tonight. When I open the door from the driver side, the passenger side lock pin goes halfway up and stays there, which leaves the door still locked. However if I unlock it from the passenger side it just goes up and unlocks both the driver and the passenger side without any problems.

Are these two problems related to each other ?
What are the possible reasons for these issues ?

It is around 35F at night. I don't think that the cold would cause these problems since these are German cars and the weather there is way colder than San Diego :)

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't think so. Door lock pin may have come loose on the shaft (they screw down) or someone may have bent it slightly so it is catching. Or worse the mechansim inside needs some TLC.

Sunroof I have no answer but there are threads on sunroof issues - have a search you might glean an answer !

#3 ·
Start with trying to lube the tracks of the roof. The whole mech is fairly simple. I think it is recommended to lube everything in there every couple of years. I've read some posts where some lube fixed it right of the bat. After that it can get complicated and expensive unless you are diy'er. Might be a synch problem.

#4 ·
The roof problem sounds like a broken mechanism to me. You can easily check it by removing the the inner roof:
open the sunroof a little bit more than half way, loose the inner roof by pulling it down (gently), than slide the inner roof forward and remove it from the outside...
Now you can see whats wrong with the mechanism.

The doorproblem could be a leaking vacuum hose (the yellow plastic hoses) or a not lubricated mechanism. Remove the door panel to see what's wrong....

:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.