Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

hello old friends...need some help

861 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Jayare 
#1 ·
Wow, its been quite a while. I have been in the W123 diesel world for sometime now. I recently sold all my diesels and am now back in the W124 realm.
I got a sweet deal on a 1988 260 the other day. When I got it, it was missing on one cylinder. Other than that, It ran ok.
I replaced the plugs and wires with some I had from the old days and now it doesnt skip anymore. great huh? However, I am noticing some hesitation during WOT rev from idle up until about 3K. After 3K it takes off like a rocket to redline. any suggestions? It idles fine and a slow rev from idle up there is no stutter. Only at WOT.
Can one of you guys please send me the link to the odometer repair? this one just recently quit working and I would like to get it right. have any of you guys done this repair and have any tips? I am sort of like a bull in a china shop, can I do this repair? Or do I need to get the wife involved?
Lastly, have any of you replaced the shift linkage bushings and found a way to more easily get them in? I thought of heating them in hot water but wanted to know what your tricks were. Please advise guys. Its good to be back in the family... Buck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.