Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

E420 95" W124 It disconnected at transmission kickdown asssembly

899 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Shpingalet 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello! I have a question Here the story.... a month ago my friend changed flywheel in my Mercedes E420 95' so after few days later... i driving and i got check engine light come on...(
Dealer diagnose my car .. scanned system .... they sad Smoke test line and found it disconnected at transmission kickdown assembly.
Suggest ... Would need to remove rear transmission mount to gain access and hook line back up!

..But today i brought car to repair shop (not dealer) and they sad they don't see any issue all fine ....all cable connected..... ((

So now i don't know what to do.... Maybe some one know...??? Maybe its in inside of transmission...???

#2 ·
If you're referring to the transmission pressure control cable (which controls kickdowns), then yes, transmission removal is required if the cable was left disconnected at the transmission. If this was the case, it would leave a huge leak making the car virtually undriveable.

Just make sure the other end of the cable wasn't left unhooked at the throttle linkage before pulling the trans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.