Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Scored a 92 400E

6K views 60 replies 19 participants last post by  Bimmerman4ever 
#1 · (Edited)
I just bought a 92 400e 156500 miles at the auction today. Always wanted one. What could be better than a 124 with a V8? I hope I don't regret it looks good and runs...but I hope there is no "hidden" problems. I'm scared :(. My 300ce has enough problems. Maybe I'll flip it for parts to one of you guys for cheap if its no good. I can't spend a lot of money on it if it requires repair. P.S. I don't like these rims at all.

Attachments

See less See more
#50 ·
I'm going to se how much I can get for recycling them. I also have a set of 15/6 8 holes that have shit peeled/flaking chrome that came on the CE. They won't hold air as the chrome is peeling on the inside lip. I HATE chrome wheels. Nothing but trouble. Can they be restored Cheap?

#51 ·
Only if they get stripped/acid dipped to get rid of all the chrome plating.

Then repaint using suitable automotive grade paint.

Chrome isn't all that bad, but only if it's triple plated which makes it more expensive and most people go bottom dollar.

#54 ·
I ordered the Cam Oilers and valve cover gaskets. if I need more parts I guess I'll know when I get in there.
Ok 5 of the eight oilers are aluminum and here is what fails on the plastic...the top cover blows off! The one on the bottom is the new one.

Attachments

#55 ·
#59 ·
Mine is just about as good....Rite now I'm sanding my 300D center console for practice as it's really bad. I'm happy so far with the results...sand...clear....sand ...clear...coming along. I know it won't be perfect but it will be a lot nicer. I hope. Then I'll tackle the 400E.

#61 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.