Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Tire Skates

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  magna steyr 210.282 
#1 ·
Got some Tire Skates, made in USA. They work great and even roll over the expansion joints better than I expected. Now I can keep my project car in the garage and just push it over in the corner when I am finished for the day (or night) My garage is 5 sided due to lot constrictions so part of it can be tough to drive a car into. It also raises the car a couple of inches, just right to slide underneath without a jack. Main reason I got them is for when I start on the body and paint work.

Added height for working underneath

All tucked away for the evening

See less See more
#4 ·
Very nice, I could use some of those. Some time ago I bought something from Summit Racing Equipment, and they began sending me catalogs. I noticed something in there that caught my eye that works with those type of dollies. These allow you to remove the wheels and still roll the chassis around in the same manner.

#7 ·
Such garages are possible in places like Texas and Arizona.
I am in process of building new house in Bay Area. Even having over 1/2 acre the zoning gave me 400 sq allowance for the garage and anything above had to come from house limit.
This way all I could practically build was garage for 2.5 cars.
I have carports for my toys, but it has to go down for the final.
Bottom line - you guys don't let me drool on the keyboard ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.