Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

What's the deal w/ Part Numbers like W***-*****?

960 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Ivanerrol 
#1 ·
Some online vendors show part numbers like W0133-1715454 when I typed in the MB p/n...example here 124 491 08 00. Are those for parts not exact but will fit category? I hate to be fooled by such trickery when I'm shopping for parts. Can anyone shed some light on this or am I too off base?

I am shopping for center and rear mufflers by Eberspaecher and the pic for
W0133-1715454 on Autohausaz above has minor variations that I see.

Cheers.

#6 ·
At autohausaz if I search for my car model & yr, I don't see any rear mufflers under exhaust system but if I type 1244910800 they show W0133-1715454 (pic1).

On a different site, I found this other pic2 and it is referenced as 1244910800. Do you notice the items are NOT identical? They both say Eberspaecher as the maker. The one in pic2 is looks same as the old one that came off the car. So my concern is that they are not the same spec.

Attachments

#8 ·
I don't know how the pics are displayed on your screen, so which one looks cheaply made -- the one w/ "Worldpac 2012" (pic 1) or the one which says "copyright" (pic 2)?

The clamp and the end of the pipe area also looks different. I wonder what the OE part looks like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.