Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Post your w124 service and repair invoices

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  eporopat 
#1 ·
I have an idea (probably already thought of) for w124 owners to scan and post their service and repair invoices on this forum. I am interested to compare the parts and service prices from various official and non-official Mercedes garages. I believe they charge different fees from each other, but I am not sure? Other countries have a single dealer monopoly like in Hong Kong, so it’s a lot cheaper to find a good non official workshop garage.
We could help each other out by identifying which garage is cheaper and also whether they did a good job or not. People can talk about their customer service received and whether they recommend it or not.
I would love to start by posting my own invoice but I don’t have one yet since I am a fairly new owner. I plan to make my first service in December so I will post it for sure.
Remember to cover\hide your personal details from the invoice.:thumbsup:

#3 ·
Too bad for you. And where do you do your DIY? Own or rent your own garage? I'm not able to afford my own garage space or have a driveway and tools to do my own servicing. I assume you have that if you’re servicing your car, or maybe you drive out to parking lot or pull out to the side of the road to perform your oil change? Because that’s what I would need to do and quite frankly I have nowhere to keep tools and service parts such as oils and filters. (I dont want to keep parts in the boot with the babies pram)
Hence for me it’s cheaper in the long run to pay a mechanic and as a side benefit keeps the value of my car up since I have proof of a service history.
If I can find a cheap and good mechanic through this forum I will be even happier. Good luck with your Camry, I’m sure there is another forum for Camry lovers.
:gay:

#5 ·
I think you'll find (like me) that our service histories stopped sometime in the 90's. When my ex still had my car, she serviced at the dealer. But eventually she went independent and then sleazy tire/radiator type places that don't give a thought to ripping into your nice Benz. Ask any small town *******-he can fix anything.:rolleyes:

So after that, I've serviced the car with the exception of alignments. I have receipts for parts....I think you'll currently find that more common here than not.:thumbsup:

Kevin

#7 ·
I dont think the site has the bandwidth for all the records from my p.o. for my cabrio. Last receipt was for fan bearing bracket in 2009, 800 odd dollars.

I have only brought it to a shop for an alignment a couple years back, 100 bucks at mb of tysons, not too bad. Then they proceede to quote me 880 for both front strut mounts, thats a good joke. Did them myself in about 30 minutes. For $200 parts

#10 ·
I got all the receipts from the previous owner, lots of papers, and he always took the cat MB service )), but the papers already 3 or 4 years old, soe the prices maybe changed.

what about now, I know my mechanic very well, so I dont ask him for invoice or anything

#11 ·
If you are going to pay someone for their skills, you should definitely get some paperwork to prove it... receipts for parts at the very least. I would feel short-changed if I didn't get a full receipt for every single part and job... even if you never sell the car, it's good to know exactly what was done and when.

I personally don't subscribe to the view that old cars should only be owned by the mechanically gifted. There's more to 'classic' ownership than saving money, isn't there? I'm not rich, but I'd rather spend my time earning money than saving it, and I'd rather be in my car during my precious weekends rather than under it to be honest.

#12 ·
Im more-than-willing to do EVERYTHING myself...

Then came the RR wheel bearing... $300 special tool, 3 weekends worth of finding more special tools... still incomplete as I must replace the caliper too...

May end up having a local indie shop do the RF ball joint... and avoid buying another 'hasenpfeffer tool'...
... but the DIY in me wants the satisfaction of saying 'I built it myself'...
no, wait...
'I did it myself'. :rolleyes:

:D

#18 ·
When I lived in Australia I owned a 280ce and a 300GD always took to official Mercedes benz service centre. They were reasonably priced and parts were suprisingly cheap. I was restoring a 280ce, slowly replacing all the older parts. The guy at the service centre said mercedes-benz lowered their prices to keep people maintaining their older vehicles.
I will stick with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.