Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

warning lights stay on

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  sbaert 
#1 ·
Hello, all. I have a 1992 300te. It was in storage for several months and I got it out this morning. It started right up but all the warning lights on the dash that come on when the key is turned to power stayed on even after it started and I drove it a few miles. Sounds to me like a possible ground problem. I wonder if disconnecting and reconnecting the battery might help. Thoughts? Thanks!
Scott

#2 ·
First measure the voltage at the battery terminals with the engine @ idle. You should see somewhere around 13.5V.

If it less than 13V or higher than 14V, replace the voltage regulator inside the alternator ASAP.

Also replace the OVP relay and fuses in the fusebox with the updated copper core type. Only use brand new genuine MB or KAE(hler) OVP relays.

#4 ·
It is always important to replace the fuses and OVP. The OVP has a hand in all engine related electronics and are well known/documented failure items. Regardless of the good/bad condition of yours, it would be a good idea to replace it. Keep the old one for a spare.

These motors are very sensitive to correct, constant voltage.

Good Luck

Jayare

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.