WTB OE hitch.

3K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  MBeige 
#1 ·
Ahyone got one?

#5 ·
You have a sedan right? Wagon ones are different. :-(

#8 ·
Bangaway, pics?

Not sure I want one that bolts to the spare tire well.... Would rather have the proper one.

#23 ·
The usual rule of thumb is that if the trailer has more than one axle, it has to have - or should - brakes (electric). I think you would be hard pressed to find a single axle trailer outside of construction duty stuff with electric brakes. I've found it's not the stopping more than 2K hauled, but the heat on the rotors. OE rotors hold up but you can't be stupid with the stopping - driving off your bumper will warp them.

#25 ·
This is great for towing something small, such as small fishing boat or canoe. I would stay under 1,000lbs. The hitch is not the weak point. When it's bolted, it's strong. The transmission is more of a problem I think, and overheating if you're going far up hills. I'll check the shipping price--I wonder what it weighs. It's all packaged up and ready to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.